[FoRK] Re: Web development teams for hire? (Albert S.)

Albert S. < albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com > on > Sun Mar 26 07:20:55 PST 2006

Yes, the existence of so many pre-existing open source/and service based solutions is why I suspect a lot of custom shops have gone out of business. If you can, its likely best to base your solution on a pre-existing framework. These factors, along with cheap Chindia labor is why a lot of folks have left the biz. And, also why kids entering post secondary ed. are chosing to enter potentially more lucrative carrier paths like the traditional Doctor/Lawyer/Investment Banker gravy trains.  I myself have been spending a lot of my time learning to invest and trade on the financial markets. As it turns out, I am managing to scratch out a living doing so, while learning a whole lot. It beats forking out for tuition fees for retraining, and then still not landing a job afterword.

Cheers,
Albert

----- Original Message ----
From: Damien Morton <fork at bitfurnace.com>
To: Sebastian Hassinger <shassinger at gmail.com>; fork at xent.com
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 9:55:37 AM
Subject: Re: [FoRK] Re: Web development teams for hire? (Albert S.)

Hi Sebastian,

Someone may already have done what you want and are selling it as a
service somewhere.

Theres plenty of pre-packaged stores, and bulletin boards, etc etc. For
a very wide range of applications, its done, all you need to do is get a
graphic designer to create your look and feel and hand over your credit
card on a monthly basis.

Again, you havent given any details as to what you want done, so its a
little hard to give meaningful advice.