[FoRK] Re: Web development teams for hire? (Albert S.)

Albert S. < albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com > on > Sun Mar 26 09:46:49 PST 2006

Sorry, I didn't answer one of your questions:

>Good luck with the investing. You'd like to work for an investment back eventually?

I've thought about it, however I suspect to break into the biz I would have to start at the bottom and work my way up and that doesn't appeal to me. However, if I could work from home as a consultant, analyst or writer in addition to managing my personal investments, that would appeal to me.

I have enough capital, and have achieved enough skill that I am able to cover my living expenses and get a little richer each month. I think that I can likely continue to do this.(IE. I am not financially independent, I still have to make crafty trades to make a living, but am self sustaining) It takes a lot of time, focus, and mental energy to stay on top of the markets.

What puzzles me is that if I with my meager hord and newbee skills am able to scratch out a living this way, why any self respecting (half skilled)hedge fund or mutual fund manager would manage money for other people. It should make you question the wisdom of having other people manage your money.

Cheers,
Albert