[FoRK] a curse on crappy text editors...

Lucas Gonze < lgonze at panix.com > on > Wed Apr 5 10:39:02 PDT 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
>  Since Unipress and CCA versions of Emacs, which ripped
> off his public domain code, are what caused Richard Stallman to come up with
> GPL/Copyleft, I always felt like I witnessed the beginning of GNU/Open
> Source.

the apocryphal story I have heard is that it was a printer driver which he
wanted to modify...

So what's the relationship between the early versions of emacs and Gnu
Emacs?  I had no idea that there were other versions.