[FoRK] how to do no-sub tv?

Eugen Leitl < eugen at leitl.org > on > Thu Apr 27 09:53:16 PDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 11:26:09AM -0500, Brian Atkins wrote:

> I think you still haven't fully grokked the lovely digitalness of these
> signals.

But radio is not digital. EM is analog. You can only win digital
if you process the signal, or use active antennas. Everything else
is good old analog, and operating close at the physical limits.
(But of course you can do magic with a large active array).

> Do you complain about how tiny the wifi antenna is on your laptop? It
> works, right?
>
> Same with this. If you can get a decent signal strength it just works.

Signal strength in RF is a function of aerial size and geometry.