[FoRK] how to do no-sub tv?

Kevin Elliott < K-Elliott at wiu.edu > on > Thu Apr 27 10:17:17 PDT 2006

At 20:50 -0700  on  4/26/06, Lucas Gonze wrote:
>Anybody have ideas for how to get television without paying a
>subscription fee or breaking
>the law?  Straight-up over-the-air television has unusable picture
>quality, and I want to not
>be dependent on the cable etc companies for the rest of my life.

I have to ask if you've  tried the obvious- iis your home wired for
cable?  If it is just plug in a cable tuner (i.e.  a VCR).  Every
place  I've lived the cable network has been broadcasting a decent
number of channels unscrambled.  Normally the local channels and a
handful of others (CSPAN and the like).