[FoRK] Parenting advice wanted...

Lorin Rivers < lrivers at gmail.com > on > Sat Apr 29 07:02:44 PDT 2006

Sounds like pretty typical behavior to me--but you haven't told us
what the bad thing he did is, so it's hard to judge just how severe
the problem is.I wouldn't push too hard, because 8 is still pretty
immature WRT to things like difference between reality and not. And
yes, it's probably related to your imminent departure, somewhat.

In any case, I recommend the "Your N Year Old" books (amazon link for
your 8 year old): http://tinyurl.com/l7aok

This series is very helpful in calibrating your expectations and
approaches to something your child will respond to most effectively.