[FoRK] Parenting advice wanted...

Joe Barrera < joe at barrera.org > on > Sun Apr 30 11:52:35 PDT 2006

I'm not much for giving parenting advice, but...
my parents raised me that almost anything was
better than lying, and, that they could always
somehow tell that I was lying. I've handed that
down to my kids and it seems to be working.
They will occasionally lie, but they are tremendously
bad at it (perhaps because they are unpracticed, or
because they feel guilty about it), so it's usually
pretty easy to get them to admit that they are lying,
and that in turn motivates them to not lie in the
future.

- Joe

--
I'm Joe Totale