[FoRK] Doallr goes wheeeeeeeee....

Adam L Beberg < beberg at mithral.com > on > Wed May 10 13:35:13 PDT 2006

Elias Sinderson wrote on 5/9/2006 8:51 PM:
> Robert Harley wrote:
>
>> Did you do anything concrete 2 weeks ago to reduce dependence on USD
>> or are you just calling the corner after it's turned?
>
> I know your question wasn't addressed to me, but ...  this is FoRK and I
> will perform.
>
> 2 weeks? No, but about 2 /years/ ago (or so) I started investing in ETFs
> that, in turn, invest in other countries / regions. Specifically, after
> a good amount of research, I decided that Barclays offered a good set of
> diverse ETFs. Since that time, there has been better than a 35% average
> annual return (weighted) among the funds that I selected with my
> financial advisor. Too bad I can't touch it until I'm too old to
> appreciate it, but at least I'll have my ventilator payed for...

Back in January according to the Fork Archive that it was clear the US
economy is gonna tank and enjoy a fundamentalist led anti-science dark
age for a very long time. Before that, there was at least some hope.

I'm almost completely out of things that will tank and into things
humans will go around killing each other for when things get rough.
Except for the dollars I ride the daily volatility with.

The difference now, is that even the public is aware the housing market
and dollar are in freefall. Everyone that can is getting out as fast as
possible from investors to even companies like MS and Google moving as
much as possible to Asia. America is broke.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/