[FoRK] Ithaca, indeed :)

Owen Byrne < owen at permafrost.net > on > Thu Jun 8 19:03:31 PDT 2006

I found this piece and this other similar piece  -
http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2006/06/how_to_kick_sil.html

 - kinda insular and self-serving. How to innovate? - the only way is
the way we did it. I found Paul Graham's mention of Detroit evocative -
once upon a time Detroit was an innovative place (and the main driver of
the US economy), then suddenly it wasn't. What happened? Did
Especially since there are people
(http://www.isc.hbs.edu/econ-clusters.htm) who have done systematic
research on just this subject, rather than just pontificating.
Its interesting that these similar pieces appeared so close together. It
seems like the hype is at a peak now. In 2002 these would be laughable.
I suspect they'll be laughable again in 2007.
Owen