[FoRK] Cuba (was: Barbados (was: Ithaca, indeed :))

Russell Turpin < deafbox at hotmail.com > on > Fri Jun 9 06:44:26 PDT 2006

"Luis Villa" <luis.villa at gmail.com>:
>Cuba whenever Castro falls may be an even better option..

Cuba has a lot of promise.

>Downside: ..having to wait for Fidel to fall, which as my grandparent's
>generation will tell you is not necessarily
>the most fruitful activity.

Your grandparents were hoping for political upheaval. We're
waiting for the inevitable decay of flesh. Castro looks to
me as if he has one foot in the grave, and maybe a knee. I
will be surprised if he lasts three years. Shocked, if he
lasts ten.

The big issue is the nature of the transition when he dies.
At this point, I'm half hoping Castro survives the Bush
administration, lest those foreign policy nincompoops
completely screw another pooch.