news notifications [was Re: [FoRK] Cuba (was: Barbados (was: Ithaca, indeed :))]

Luis Villa < luis.villa at gmail.com > on > Fri Jun 9 11:25:53 PDT 2006

On 6/9/06, Russell Turpin <deafbox at hotmail.com> wrote:
> From: "Luis Villa" <luis.villa at gmail.com>
> >Sure. Bottle of the island's finest rum to the winner?
> >Luis (a wager I'll presumably be happy to lose)
>
> Done. If I lose, we can both shed a tear. ;-)

To turn this back to tech, what would the best way to get notified
when he dies? Sadly, I'm thinking the best way to do this might be to
aggregate the wikipedia article's RSS feed with a filter for 'died'.
There has got to be a better way to buid a general purpose
news-notification service, though.

Luis