[FoRK] Corpus Christi (was: Barbados)

Russell Turpin < deafbox at hotmail.com > on > Sat Jun 10 14:50:25 PDT 2006

The splash page for the marina's wireless, which now seems to
work and from which I'm posting, announces that Corpus Christi
plans to light up the entire city with free wifi. It would
make a good tech Shangri-la, except for one thing: unlike
Caribbean islands, it does get hot here. I've seen quite a few
summer days here when it broke 110*. And stayed above 80* at
night, so humid that that 80* was cool enough to cause dew.

Even I find that hot.

But if there are enough geeks and people with money who like
it hot, we could congregate here. 'Course, that likely would
conflict with my other political goal, which is to ban air
conditioning within ten miles of the Gulf coast. :-)