[FoRK] Re: Barbados

Aaron Burt < aaron at bavariati.org > on > Sat Jun 10 15:14:12 PDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 05:12:07PM +0000, Corinna wrote:
> Joe Barrera <joe <at> barrera.org> writes:
> >
> > It's tempting, but I don't like hot weather.
>
> I agree, let's start a tech hub in Canada somewhere, in a place that's global
> warming-proof...

How about a nice cosmopolitan city just north of the US border?  Oh,
wait, it's already a tech hub with excellent universities and Asian
money.  Ya know, they're taking computer professionals even without
degrees these days...

> Or maybe an island in the northwest? (Do they have islands in the northwest
> worth living on?)

Yes, the big one north of the 49th is called Vancouver, the smaller ones
just south are called the San Juans, are heart-rendingly beautiful to
fly to and dang slow to drive/ferry to.