[FoRK] Shakespeare

Andy Armstrong < andy at hexten.net > on > Tue Jun 13 03:31:46 PDT 2006

On 12 Jun 2006, at 23:45, Zee Roe wrote:

> I am now a big Shakespeare fan. As a youth, I was not, until I saw
> that
> one moonlighting episode where they did Taming of the Shrew.

Splendid :)

My epiphany was picking up a copy of Hamlet in the school library
(pretty much out of desperation) and finding it completely absorbing.
Fantastic plot construction. I think I was probably surprised by how
readable it was too.

> Probably I'd tell people to find a movie/tv adaptation that isn't
> word-for-word, go from there.  Usually once someone realizes the
> concepts
> are interesting/funny, it is easier to dive into the tricky
> language to
> find them.

Roman Polanski's Macbeth has the added bonus of Keith Chegwin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Chegwin

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net