[FoRK] Re: In the market for a new car because of my stupidity

Ken Meltsner < meltsner at alum.mit.edu > on > Tue Jun 20 04:41:16 PDT 2006

8 year life for the battery,  I believe.  And yes, replacing it will
probably be several $K.

Or perhaps not -- by the time the battery goes, I wouldn't be
surprised if there are alternative sources bringing down the price, or
at least a few remanufactured (or removed from wrecks)  ones
available.

Ken

> On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 05:05:23PM -0500, Ken Meltsner wrote:
>
> > Fuel costs are projected to run 20% or so lower, or a couple of
> > hundred per year for my driving habits.  We'll see whether
> > regenerative braking reduces the need for brake work.
>
> How often do you need to exchange the batteries, and how expensive
> is that?
>
> --

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, but model train sets do a pretty
good job as well

-- 2/28/05, in a odd dream