[FoRK] bank restrictions? wtf?

Dave Long < dave.long at bluewin.ch > on > Tue Jun 20 11:47:57 PDT 2006

> Real story: American banks screw their customers more then anyone else
> in the world, so dealing with a bank elsewhere is cheaper, stop them
> congress.

They've chosen an odd way to go about it, then.  As I read their
letter, my two options (should I actually wish to *use* any financial
services) boil down to:
	- move myself into the US, or
	- move those assets out of the US

Telling your clients that they're better off patronizing some other
institution, likely even one that's much closer to them, doesn't
exactly strike me as the most brilliant of marketing plans.

For what it's worth, I'd thought that US institutions are quite a bit
cheaper on the discount end than what one (currently) finds here in CH.
  But if one must further discount for the possibility of not having a
liquid account, there's a distinct danger of getting what you've paid
for.

-Dave