[FoRK] bank restrictions? wtf?

Dave Long < dave.long at bluewin.ch > on > Fri Jun 23 09:35:11 PDT 2006

>> Telling your clients that they're better off patronizing some other
>> institution, likely even one that's much closer to them, doesn't
>> exactly strike me as the most brilliant of marketing plans.
> ... really, it's a nice way for them to say "This really isn't in your
> best interests to bank with us post-9/11, you're going to lose your
> money."

Heh.  I wish I could discount the scenario that's even more cynical
than Beberg's, but after reading today's news (SWIFT coughing up bits
for the GWOT), I wouldn't be surprised if it were a polite way for them
to say "This isn't in our interests to bank with you post-9/11, we're
going to lose our profit burning all these discs for the Zampolit."

-Dave

I deeply resent the way this administration makes me feel like a GPP
prototype of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.