[FoRK] Blog advice wanted

Corinna < corinna.schultz at gmail.com > on > Sat Jun 24 11:56:34 PDT 2006

I would like to have a blog just for my own use as a journal. I don't want to
host it myself, and I don't want to pay for it.

I looked at blogger and they show you how to make your blog not get picked up by
indexers. They also allow you to exclude your blog from their public list. But
if someone knows your URL, they'll be able to read your blog. Wordpress is
similar. I would like to avoid the obnoxiousness of myspace...

I wondering if those two measure are enough to ensure privacy. I'm only wanting
particular people not to know what I'm writing. I don't really care if perfect
strangers read my stuff (they probably would not find it interesting anyway!).
It wouldn't be the end of the world if one of those people stumbled on my blog
(it's not like I'll lose my job or my kids will get taken away!), but it would
be a real nuisance, so I want to be careful. I guess I should pick a non-obvious
URL? Q2hg6TR_y.blogger.com is not easily guessable...

Do you think Blogger would be ok for my purposes? Do you know of a free blog
service that provides complete privacy?

-Corinna