[FoRK] Re: what does evesdropping sound like?

Corinna < corinna.schultz at gmail.com > on > Mon Jul 10 08:32:24 PDT 2006

Eugen Leitl <eugen <at> leitl.org> writes:
> Why did you expect an audible artefact?

I assumed older analog technology, I think. Like the interference you get on the
radio when you're traveling in the car, when one station momentarily covers
another. There's the signal that's interfering, but there's also noise.

I only know a little bit about the underlying technology of networks, and less
about the telephone system. (Just enough to teach a basic intro class to high
schoolers :) plus some tidbits learned on the job solving problems.)

You guys are very educational!

-Corinna