[FoRK] chessboxing?

Adam L Beberg < beberg at mithral.com > on > Wed Jul 12 10:44:51 PDT 2006

Corinna wrote on 7/11/2006 9:21 AM:
> Invented by a performance artist. Apparently enough people do this, that there's
> a championship.
>
> There's something strangely... fascinating... about the concept. Can you imagine
> a "Rocky" remake?
>
> I would be concerned about the potential for brain damage, though.

Ha, we did this in high school sorta, but we just called it full contact
chess. Then again, math league was full contact too - when they brought
out the donuts, because lets face it, all donuts are not created greater
than or equal to the glazed jelly donut.

Maybe it's just how teenagers are, and the people in the article didn't
grow out of it?

<oldman>
Why in my day, high school wasn't all about smoking pot and sex, and we
didn't myspace from our PDA all day, we had to read books and take
tests. The dollar was still in use, so we wanted to get good jobs, not
just slack our whole life away. And it's called goth, not emo ya freak.
</oldman>

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/