[FoRK] Crypto protocol for only good news?

Adam L Beberg < beberg at mithral.com > on > Tue Aug 15 17:37:22 PDT 2006

Matt Jensen wrote on 8/15/2006 1:59 PM:
> I suppose you could have the sonographer secretly flip a coin, and if
> it's heads, she tells the parents the gender.  But if it's a girl you
> actually have the sonographer lie to you, and tell you she got tails, so
> she can't tell you the gender.  But even that tells you something: there
> are two "tails" outcomes for  a girl and only one "tails" outcome for a
> boy.
>
> I feel like there's a better answer to this question, but I'm missing
> it.  Ideas?

The solution is to wait. Soon (it's already started) the surplus of men
in China/India will bring about warlord controlled regions then civil
war because they can't get laid and bring back the gender balance,
tearing that part of the world to shreds. After that, it should be easy
for other cultures to move in and take over, and fix the gender bias
problem. At that point, they will probably stop killing anything female.

The real question is why the women in that part of the world put up with
such barbaric treatment. Probably because their schools are the model
the American public schools are striving to be - faith based.

Oh... you mean the crypto. No, choosing not to reveal information is
essentially leaking information, you're stuck there.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/