Fwd: [FoRK] Theonet , your soaking in it

Tom Higgins < tomhiggins at gmail.com > on > Mon Sep 11 11:13:27 PDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Malcolm Greenshields <greenshields at uleth.ca> wrote:

> Problem is, no substantial group that claimed irreligion or Reason and
> had control of a state has historically been any less warlike than the
> theists. There haven't been many of them, but they spent most of their
> time fighting.

Given that in the world we know no group exists in a vacuum, then all
it takes is one group to say "our god told us to love each other, but
those who do not believe in him are not of us so we can kill you silly
mad with our theo-fu" to screw up the whole thing for every group.

* "no group has ever lived in peace therefor the nontheists are just
as bad as the theists"

Let us ponder this for a few cycles, cause i do not want to be the
only one who rips it to tiny little shreds.

-tomhiggins