[FoRK] 911 - The war on understanding

Tom Higgins < tomhiggins at gmail.com > on > Mon Sep 11 20:27:10 PDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Albert S. <albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com> wrote:
> Policies prescribe an intended course of action. An
> understanding of where we are is darn useful in
> getting to where we want to go. When the people in
> power start talking in a way that makes it seem like
> they don't have a clue what the heck is going on, it's
> cause for deep concern.

Policies are Public Relations in many cases, they shift with the
sands. The US had a policy paper once called the Constitution, in fact
many folks have sworn to uphold and protect it...yeah. So those folks
upholding the policy, how they doing?

I do not disagree policy is a nice thing to have, the problem is
without action, accountability and redress policy is meaningless.

So now its time in the thread where Tom busts out song lyrics and a
youtube link.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nPeWSpB_7w4  (you can thank Woz for this vid)

"This is a public service announcement
With guitar
Know your rights all three of them

Number 1
You have the right not to be killed
Murder is a crime!
Unless it was done by a
Policeman or aristocrat
Know your rights

And number 2
You have the right to food money
Providing of course you
Dont mind a little
Investigation, humiliation
And if you cross your fingers
Rehabilitation

Know your rights
These are your rights
Wang

Know these rights

Number 3
You have the right to free
Speech as long as youre not
Dumb enough to actually try it.

Know your rights
These are your rights
All three of em
It has been suggested
In some quarters that this is not enough!
Well..............................

Get off the streets
Get off the streets
Run
You dont have a home to go to
Smush

Finally then I will read you your rights

You have the right to remain silent
You are warned that anything you say
Can and will be taken down
And used as evidence against you