[FoRK] Theonet , your soaking in it

James Walker < jamespwalker at gmail.com > on > Mon Sep 11 23:25:18 PDT 2006

Andy, I certainly did.  A couple of thoughts.

I enjoyed a lot of it - some familiar ground obviously, but nicely
tricked up by Amis' clever wordplay.

He loses the plot in two places though, and so his overall message
ends up as a kind of end-of-the-world polemic.

1. By apologising presumably out of sheer fear right at the start for
what he is about to write.
2. By blaming all organised religion at the end, and lumping them all
into this "I'm so evolved I don't need God game".  And then quoting
Philip Larkin.

James