[FoRK] Theonet , your soaking in it

Russell Turpin < deafbox at hotmail.com > on > Tue Sep 12 05:49:01 PDT 2006

James Walker" <jamespwalker at gmail.com> critizes Amis for "blaming
all organised religion at the end, and lumping them all into this
'I'm so evolved I don't need God game.'"

Amis's criticism wasn't aimed at *organized* religion. It quite
specifically was aimed at religion and ideology generally. The
problem is not that religions foster churches. The problem is that
religions, and ideologies that are arguably not religious, foster
belief in nonsense. Like the notion that there is a god that people
need. It is long past time that the common response to that
becomes simply: grow up.