[FoRK] ITV - yawn..

Tom Higgins < tomhiggins at gmail.com > on > Tue Sep 12 21:09:11 PDT 2006

Ok folks, lets not be  total consumer  addicts here. If they are
wrapping HD in DRM that makes it an experience akin to using
Winblows...then lets all just hoist a finger in the air and say FUCK
NO

Oh im sorry, some here so hooked on the juice they will once again pay
the pusher man whatever they ask? DETOX mother fucker. Get on some 12
step machine find a savior kinda shizz and get your self freed.

Free your tech and your ass will follow....and your wallet will stay
nearer you own damn butt rather than up the rimholed anus of the media
corporations that would make Paddy Chayefsky barf in amazement over.

Speaking of Chayefsky, lets revisit once more the words of his that
still, and will always, rung true if not in the particular events but
in the total dead on tact we all need to take now.

"You've got to say, "I'm a human being, goddamn it! My life has
value!" I want you to go to the window, open it, stick your head out
and yell: "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this
anymore!" I want you to get mad. I don't want you to protest, I don't
want you to riot, I don't want you to write to your congressman,
because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what
to do about the depression, the inflation, the Russians, or the crime
in the streets. All I know is that first...You've got to get mad!"

I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them
and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not
going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first,
you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and
I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do
about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first
get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and
yell, and say it: I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS
ANYMORE!"

Yeah, what he said.

-tomhiggins