[FoRK] ITV - yawn..

Tom Higgins < tomhiggins at gmail.com > on > Wed Sep 13 07:55:39 PDT 2006

On 12 Sep 2006 21:16:50 -0700, Joseph S. Barrera III <joe at barrera.org> wrote:

> Well, of course, just getting angry isn't enough -- or else the Middle East
> would be paradise by now.

See thats the problem, they did not read the rest of Beale's rant.:)-

"But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as
hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out
what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis."

Beale is talking about the zombified, transisitorized, corporate doped
consumers who need to get mad enough just to be able to feel the
problem, to shake off the soma coma, and be in a state to work on
solutions. In the ME they seem not to have gotten mad so much as
gotten god, then got weapsons, then slaughtered all around them, then
those who were not slaughtered were in a mood for revenge so they get
weapons.... rinse repeat ad nauseam.

The is another  description in Network that describes the zombies
pretty darn well....

"..Indifferent to suffering; insensitive to joy. All of life is
reduced to the common rubble of banality. War, murder, death are all
the same to you as bottles of beer. And the daily business of life is
a corrupt comedy. You even shatter the sensations of time and space
into split seconds and instant replays."

So git up stand up..etc etc

-tomhiggins