[FoRK] 911 - The war on understanding

Zee Roe < zero at rawbw.com > on > Wed Sep 13 07:57:30 PDT 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Luis Villa wrote:

[snip]

> with.  I am not OK with a *dictatorship* that would put the same
> system of law in place; I think denying people the right to regularly
> elect their government is unambigously wrong.]

I have to ask here -- why? Assuming (and this is one hell of an
assumption, admittedly) that you have a benevolent dictator who plays by
the rules, enacts laws you and a rational majority consider "right", and
would be willing to step down if faced with overwhelming opposition to
his/her rule... what's the problem? Or is my last clause a suitable
replacement for regular elections?