[FoRK] 911 - The war on understanding

Luis Villa < luis at tieguy.org > on > Wed Sep 13 08:40:16 PDT 2006

> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 11:17:32AM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > sadly... I miss the tech fork ;)
>
> It took a while, but email has sure started smelling funny.
> I'm also not sure the new kids have anything to say, even
> if they'd still use the medium (and one could decipher the
> meaning along the abbreviations strewn across the desert
> devoid of syntax).
>
> Judging from online fora, the war is over. The morons have won.

The morons have always been winning. Just that now instead of
ephemeral proof, the proof is globally published and globally
searchable.

[I think there is a great sociology/psychology/polling paper to be
written about the increased perception of behavior X due to increased
internet publication of behavior X, when behavior X has always existed
fairly steadily. For X, think morons, sex, etc.]

Luis