[FoRK] ITV - yawn..

Simon Wistow < simon at thegestalt.org > on > Wed Sep 13 10:40:05 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 08:39:15AM -0400, Luis Villa said:
> I'd build a mythTV if I could get ESPN HD on it, but I can't, so... :/

I too shun an iPod and a Mac for DRM reasons.

For my media I have a chipped Xbox with Xbox Media Center loaded onto a 120Gb HD.

It is sweet. So sweet.

It can play every format under the sun, boots practically instantly, has
a Bittorrent client, has an RSS reader (including PodCasts for those
that like to use such an icky word), tells me my weather .... it even
has YouTube integration.

All yours for about 125 of your Yanqui dollars and 20 minutes work
burning a DVD (slightly more if you want to fit the bigger HD).

The only thing missing is the ability to plug a USB device into it a la
the 360. And maybe Tivo/MythTV esque PVR functions but my, err, Tivo
does that for me.