Refuse Resist (was Re: [FoRK] ITV - yawn..)

Lucas Gonze < lgonze at panix.com > on > Thu Sep 14 10:53:14 PDT 2006

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Tom Higgins wrote:
> WOW, color me taken aback. Are you telling me otherwise dinkum
> thinkums here do not know the meaning of Refuse Resist?
>
> Buying the product, even at a loss, is a gain in market share for that
> company. That has value, you have given them value of use and market
> penetration.

Even if you get the product for free via a filesharing network.  By
filesharing an RIAA product you give that product market share, which is
why the RIAA is just as strong now as it was pre-Napster.