Refuse Resist (was Re: [FoRK] ITV - yawn..)

Luis Villa < luis at tieguy.org > on > Thu Sep 14 11:54:23 PDT 2006

On 9/14/06, Lucas Gonze <lgonze at panix.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Luis Villa wrote:
> > You're the expert here, Lucas- where is the hottest and bestest of
> > non-RIAA music? While I won't buy any content that is itself
> > DRM-encumbered, I admit I've not yet gone cold-turkey on major-label
> > content
>
> I'm back on the crack since I started working on internet music products
> that are all about RIAA content.  But that's a special situation; you
> don't sell a startup every day.
>
> The trick is brutally purist -- just go cold turkey, and your listening
> habits will adjust on their own.  You can't change what you have learned
> to love in the past, but you can change what you have yet to learn to
> love.  This will be painful at first because you have already absorbed
> love of things that you now can't have.  The pain will go away completely
> over time, as you find new loves in the non-RIAA pool of content.

Yoiks. I'll try. :) The other question- any easy way to tell what
is/isn't RIAA? I just got a couple CDs from a small local band*. They
are from cdbaby, so I assume they are safe, but... how can I tell?

Luis

*moguajiro.net, highly recommended if you like Cuban music

Luis