Refuse Resist (was Re: [FoRK] ITV - yawn..)

Tom Higgins < tomhiggins at gmail.com > on > Thu Sep 14 12:01:29 PDT 2006

On 9/14/06, Lucas Gonze <lgonze at panix.com> wrote:
> Even if you get the product for free via a filesharing network.  By
> filesharing an RIAA product you give that product market share, which is
> why the RIAA is just as strong now as it was pre-Napster.

Yep, which is why you deal with bands and distributions places that
don't foist that stuff on you or treat you like a criminal.

If you go back into the depths of FORK you will see my napster rants,
my hand throwing spews (centralization, stupid biz plan, idiot
"commercialized piracy" mindset)..just to see life before gmail spell
check is amazing.

The RIAA I would put forth is now stronger BECAUSE of wins in the
napster type case and the biz model of suing a percentage of your user
base to keep the rest in line.

Yet, the rage against goes one. Eternal is the struggle.

-tomhiggins