[FoRK] Is God an Accident?

Albert S. < albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com > on > Thu Sep 14 23:45:26 PDT 2006

Thanks, good reading.

This seems like a good explanation for why the vast
majority of people are predisposed to the body-soul
duality and the spirit deity aspects of religion.
However, it doesn't explain the dogmatism of 'my
religion is the one true religion' aspect of religion.

It's interesting to me that this explanation happens
to be a consequence of the hardware makeup of the
brain. It causes me to wonder whether dogmatism is
predisposed in a similar way, due to some hardware
limitation. Maybe some people manage to load a
software work around(socialization), and others not so
much.

Regards,
Albert