[FoRK] Is God an Accident?

Tom Higgins < tomhiggins at gmail.com > on > Fri Sep 15 07:26:30 PDT 2006

A good solid read, I have passed it around to some atheist and
religous friends. I am waiting to see what the reaction is from them.

For myself, it makes sense to think the brain  is like a lens and its
make up sets out the range of its possibilities. As GIJoe says
"Knowing is half the battle" and if this knowing bears some fruit and
the hows and whys of the human condition then so much the better for
working with and on it.

I know this next bit goes out on a very long thin limb..but hang on
with me. There are those of a particular religious bent who think
homosexuality is a condition that can be "cured"...well given this bit
of news about the brain and its workings maybe there can be a way to
"cure" religiousality.

"Now please hold still while we give you this shot, its for your own
good...just think of all that tithe money your going save...."

Yes I know this brings up a whole slew of bad karma SF stories of
state suppression of self, but having sat thru "logical" debates on
some issues with the zealously religious it is nice to have a
conversation stopper, how ever far fetched.

-tomhiggins