[FoRK] Is God an Accident?

Russell Turpin < deafbox at hotmail.com > on > Sat Sep 16 20:40:53 PDT 2006

"Dr. Ernie Prabhakar" <drernie at radicalcentrism.org>:
>Or the dogmatism of atheists who are "absolute sure" that their  methods
>provide conclusive, irrefutable evidence that the dogmatism  of religious
>people is completely unjustified. :-)

The only evidence I know that the dogmatism of the religious is
unjustified is from reading their own explanations and
justifications. There is the search problem, of course. How far
does one delve into the apologetic and spiritual and inspirational
oevre before deciding that the probability of turning up even the
smallest justification is so slight that it isn't worth further
search? "Complete" may never be had. Still, it doesn't take much
work to realize -- especially with all others who would quickly
surface it -- that finding justification among the religious is
about as likely as finding a magnetic monopole.