[FoRK] The World's Smallest Programming Language

Dave Long < dave.long at bluewin.ch > on > Wed Sep 20 10:41:10 PDT 2006

> I certainly believe that, but will leave it up to someone else to fix
> up (or, more simply, find a better alternative to) the code above to
> perform Turner reductions, lambda-lifting, S' B* C' supercombination,
> etc.  Tupling sounds like the big win here; it looks like it's
> multiple arguments that cause the big blow ups.

It looks like Tony Finch did most of the above for his IOCCC entry:

http://www.ioccc.org/1998/fanf.hint

previously discussed on FoRK during the "Software directions to ponder
over..." thread:

http://www.xent.com/sept00/0869.html

Any further thoughts on combinator reduction for implementing
non-obsfucated systems, Tony?

-Dave

:: :: ::

Joe's spam, "[FoRK] Together, let’s share our passion for Fruit and
Vegetable, and Enjoy our live.", may be even more amusing when taken in
the context of the following blog entry:

"The shrimp did what to the cabbage?"
http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003568.html