Is Truth an Accident? Re: [FoRK] Is God an Accident?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar < drernie at radicalcentrism.org > on > Fri Sep 22 06:15:04 PDT 2006

[Disclaimer: I am  theist, as anyone Googling me can easily find out].

Hi Russell,

You may not find religious belief justified by your paradigm, but I
don't find your lack of belief justifiable within *my* paradigm.

To what meta-paradigm are you appealing to state that your paradigm
is "true" and mine is "false"?  Or are you merely stating a personal
preference?

In particular, one could just as easily deconstruct belief in love,
justice, truth, happiness, sex, civilization, technology -- even math
-- as mere "accidents", no?  Once you start down this path, where do
you draw the line?

-- Ernie P.