Is Truth an Accident? Re: [FoRK] Is God an Accident?

Andy Armstrong < andy at hexten.net > on > Fri Sep 22 07:20:28 PDT 2006

On 22 Sep 2006, at 15:02, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:
> I (like most Christians) have observed a variety of acts that I
> interpret as evidence for truth, justice, and love,

I don't think there's anything distinctively Christian about that is
there?

> and I observe a strong correlation between them and (very specific)
> strains of belief in God.  If that isn't evidence for belief, what is?

That's evidence /of/ belief - not /for/ belief.

> And if atheism is not a belief, then it is mere skepticism, no?  In
> which case, I would think my argument holds: when do you stop not
> believing in everything?  Whose theory is bald now? :-)

I'm not sure if I'm parsing the negatives in "when do you stop not
believing in everything?" the way you intended - but scepticism isn't
a race to find new things in which not to believe.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net