Is Truth an Accident? Re: [FoRK] Is God an Accident?

Eugen Leitl < eugen at leitl.org > on > Fri Sep 22 07:52:57 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 07:02:52AM -0700, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:

> >If atheism is a belief, then bald is a hair color.
>
> And if atheism is not a belief, then it is mere skepticism, no?  In

It is an absence of belief into things lacking evidence.
If you're clling this "mere skepticism", then your brain
is malfunctioning in many interesting ways. Okay, I lied.
It's boring and predictable. The right thread for a
late Friday afternoon, something between setting up
VPN tunnels, and bricking the router by a b0rked firmware
upgrade.

> which case, I would think my argument holds: when do you stop not
> believing in everything?  Whose theory is bald now? :-)

Because everything is an effective infinity. Don't tell me
you can believe into even mere 10^10^100 things at the same time.