Is Truth an Accident? Re: [FoRK] Is God an Accident?

Andy Armstrong < andy at hexten.net > on > Sat Sep 23 09:03:49 PDT 2006

On 23 Sep 2006, at 15:22, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> E) If gods did exist, they are unlikely to want us to worship them
> in the way that any existing religion teaches.  If they do, they
> are immature, spoiled brats and I don't want anything to do with
> them anyway.  (See The Q and Greek Mythology.)

I love the way we (at large) apparently see no irony in teaching our
kids about silly old primitives who believed they had to sacrifice
virgins to guarantee a productive harvest (idiots!) and then in the
next lesson teaching them that "our" God is hungry for worship.

I think one of the occasions on which I received corporal punishment
at school was when I opined "so you're saying god's shit then?" when
presented with the rationale for worship.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net