Is Truth an Accident? Re: [FoRK] Is God an Accident?

Stephen D. Williams < sdw at lig.net > on > Sat Sep 23 09:43:22 PDT 2006

Quick, show you're wrong before you infect the minds around you! And at
"school" no less. Yikes, I would have been a terror at a religious
school, especially after 13.

I think that the Santa Claus myth has some value as a good lesson for
kids. I play along until they're old enough and then let them learn the
truth. Then a few years later point out that God is like Santa Claus for
(other) adults who never completely grow up: Kind of fun to believe
sometimes, but it's not really going to bring you goodies no matter how
hard you wish. (Or something approximating that.)

You know what the reality is? Just as I'm Santa Claus for my children,
they are God for themselves. That's what people should understand.
Everyone has the power.

sdw