Is Truth an Accident? Re: [FoRK] Is God an Accident?

Eugen Leitl < eugen at leitl.org > on > Sun Sep 24 12:51:30 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 07:58:29PM -0400, Albert S. wrote:

> To be thorough there are(at least) two kinds of
> Atheism. The absence of a belief in God(s) is soft
> Atheism or Agnosticism. Some have a belief that there
> is no God(s) which is hard Atheism.

Belief is associated with cost. Unconstrained belief
(in absence of evidence) is associated with infinite
cost, if it's self-consistent. If stuff was free, Pascal
would have a point.

> Agnostics are theologically bald. For hard atheists
> their hair grows backwards into their heads. Their
> hair has color but you can't tell what it is.

I believe I'll have another beer.