[FoRK] Hooray for Michigan State University

Stephen D. Williams < sdw at lig.net > on > Mon Oct 2 15:45:55 PDT 2006

Current events with often proudly claimed association are hardly opinions.
Sad and embarrassing for the sane in a culture and religion, just as the
latest wacko in Waco is (or should be) sad and embarrassing to those in
similar religions.

I would be up for protesting any religion that has not clearly
repudiated and re-interpreted all calls for murder and other crimes that
are not according to Western civil law.  It must be guaranteed that
anyone being taught from a bible-like document be given a pamphlet
describing what passages are historical and now repudiated.  Religions
and cultures that do not comply will be sanctioned with extreme
prejudice.  We all need to decide that hate-cults (to coin a much-needed
category) are not religions.  We successfully modulated the KKK,
probably the closest thing in modern Western cultures to Muslim extremism.

The only way we're going to survive in the long run is jihad on jihad
and nothing else.  Hate speech laws have already been found to be
constitutional.  Simple application of them to religious teaching is
needed.  Tolerance of intolerance is, at the limit, deadly.

sdw

[Forwarded from family:]