[FoRK] Cato Unbound: The Case for the Libertarian Democrat

Stephen D. Williams < sdw at lig.net > on > Tue Oct 3 09:41:25 PDT 2006

I don't buy that gov. and corp. power is anything alike.  In fact, they
are opposite in many ways.
Gov. influence is mandatory, corp. influence is discretionary.
People seem to confuse decisions by others as always being out of their
control.  This might be true of some possibly large fraction who are, to
some extent, sheep, but it is not true of everyone.

It might be sad when we take a long time to realize that something is
bad for us, but we will eventually reward the good corps. and trash the
bad ones.
Corps. are vulnerable, gov. is, generally, not.  Happily, screwing up in
a corporate setting is ever more dangerous which will make them
comparative bastions of purity compared to gov. (and whichever party has
been in power too long, Republicans these days).

sdw