Hardware fun, was: Re: [FoRK] Re: reas. conv. 9/27 Re: Meaning

Russell Turpin < deafbox at hotmail.com > on > Tue Oct 3 14:23:20 PDT 2006

"Lorin Rivers" <lrivers at gmail.com>:
>Austin has an awesome hardware store that, even though it's part of a chain
>(ACE) offers a bizarre range of products from local artisan chocolates and
>bridal department stuff to metric stainless fasteners and everything
>in-between. ..

All the fancy stuff once worried me that they would forget that they
are a hardware store. And since they are one of the very few hardware
stores within walking distance of my house, that would be a shame. So
far, though, the west side continues to act like a hardware store,
carrying everything from PVC cement to brass machine screws, and even
cutting plywood to size for me, the last time I asked.

Bubba Russell says: two thumbs up.