[FoRK] back to tech: MySQL internals

Corinna < corinna.schultz at gmail.com > on > Tue Oct 10 05:43:24 PDT 2006

I was reading through the MySQL internals manual, in the section about the
full-text search algorithm. They use a modified vector space algorithm. The
manual is unclear (to a novice like me, at least) how the weight and rank
calculations fit in with the vector stuff - they don't talk about the cosine
angles or anything, so I'm having trouble connecting the dots.

Aggravatingly, I haven't been able to find a basic explanation via Google or
Google groups. I feel like I'm missing something really basic. Can anyone here
give me a hand?

-Corinna