[FoRK] NewTube VS OldTube

Tom Higgins < tomhiggins at gmail.com > on > Tue Oct 10 09:49:04 PDT 2006

On 10/10/06, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> Google is the big loser here. They could have been the advertising
> provider to all those people you named, including YouTube, and now
> instead they are competitors.

Unless Googlezon leverages the Youtube brand and bandwidth to suit the
traditional networks want for a place to spread their memes online.

Get a good ranking on the worlds search engine, let someone else worry
about infrastructure/bandwidth issues, tie into more ad vectors via
all that. Sure sure it will be a battle against "not invented here"
and "not our ball" issues...but the possibility is there.

In the long run though I think it would better serve the
traditionalists to make content and let the new jimmies do they new
frangled distribution.

just a though

-tomhiggins