[FoRK] My refusal to have a blog per se, comments, technorati, and icon-mania

Luis Villa < luis at tieguy.org > on > Wed Nov 1 03:07:40 PST 2006

On 11/1/06, Lucas Gonze <lgonze at panix.com> wrote:
> There's a paper on this topic which makes a pretty good case that blog
> technology has a significant impact on blog popularity.  (Sorry, I can't
> dredge up the keywords out of my memory right now).
>
> I turned off comments because I can't be bothered to filter out the
> spam, but I know that has an impact on how many reactions I get to the blog.

FWIW, the combo of akismet and bad behavior seems to get me a pretty
spam-free blog.

Luis (wishing he didn't have to depend on a black-box spam service like akismet)