[FoRK] Quotes - 200611 - OBSESSED is just a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.

Stephen D. Williams < sdw at lig.net > on > Wed Nov 1 12:51:50 PST 2006

http://quotes.ascharlott.com/index.php?cat=all

"As people do better, they start voting like Republicans ... unless they
have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be
too much of a good thing." -- Karl Rove

OBSESSED is just a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
Russell Warren

This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it,
study it, tweak it, listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on.
What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are
you on?
Lance Armstrong

Morality ... is the wisdom that prevents sacrificing long-term happiness
for short-term happiness.
Gerald M. Weinberg

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
Charles Darwin

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm Albrig

It is a curious fact that of all the illusions that beset mankind none
is quite so curious as the tendency to suppose that we are mentally and
morally superior to those that differ from us in opinion.
Elbert Hubbard

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because
they have to say something.
Plato

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the
great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Winston Churchill

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it
takes to sit down and listen.
Winston Churchill

"Look at me, I'm a grad student. I'm 30 years old and I made $600 last
year."
"Bart, don't make fun of grad students. They've just made a terrible
life choice."
Bart (Nancy Cartwright) & Marge (Julie Kavner) Simpson
The Simpsons

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Stephen Wright

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's
troublesome.
Isaac Asimov

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."
Isaac Asimov